Massage has been practiced for thousands of years. It has always played an essential role in family life in India. It is an integral part of the daily routine and is highly recommended for everyone throughout all stages of life.
The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, the ancient system of medicine. Translated as the ” science of life” or” knowledge of life”. The Ayurveda approach to health is the balance of body, mind and spirit and the promotion of long life.
This technique involves massage of the back, neck, head and face. It’s very relaxing and calming. Session last between 45-60 mins. It’s preformed while seated in a chair. Can be done anywhere a anytime and is suitable for all ages.
- General relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain and drains away accumulated toxins
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- More balanced state of being
- Relaxes tight and painful muscles
- Increased joint mobility
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine
- May improve skin condition
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in a greater mental alertness, concentration and clearer thinking
- as well as possibly helping relieve eyestrain, tension headaches, migraines, earaches, tinnitus, insomnia, disturbed sleep